Learning and Teaching
We aspire to enhance the development of all children socially, emotionally, physically, academically and spiritually.
- in nurturing the whole child and encouraging their independence and self-esteem
- that every child must be given the opportunity to discover his or her special talents, skills and interests and the time and encouragement to achieve to the highest standard
- each child develops at his/her own rate and is ready for stages of learning at different times
- learners need to be supported, enabled and engaged
- learning needs to be personalised at the point of need
- strong partnerships between students, families, staff & the wider community make a difference
- student's voice leads to engagement
The basis for curriculum & expected achievement levels for all students is the Victorian Curriculum.
Our contemporary approach to learning and teaching is underpinned by our design principles: